thanks for all the questions on my q&a post! you guys made my boredom go away for a bit. you’re magical, every single one of you.
putting all the questions in one post would have made it insanely long, so i’ll be posting my answers in multiple parts. here’s the first one.
what’s your favorite book?
i’m not sure if it’s my favorite book, but a year without autumn by liz kessler is incredible. the story has stuck with me for a long time. you should definitely read that if you haven’t already.
what’s your favorite song?
i really can’t choose, i listen to too much music to have a favorite song. i don’t think i could say it’s my absolute favorite, but glowing eyes by twenty one pilots is pretty great.
do you like hamilton? have you even listened to it? (i doubt it.)
i’ve only listened to a few songs from it, so i don’t have much of an opinion (don’t kill me, kathleen! i love you.).
what’s the last book you read?
the hollow boy by jonathan stroud, i believe. it was so freaking amazing, and i love the characters and the ghosts and the humor and everything about it!!
what are you reading right now?
the mysterious benedict society and the perilous journey by trenton lee stewart. i’m only a few chapters in, so i don’t have much to say about it. but the first book in the series was quite good, and i love how quirky the characters are.
what do you want to be when you grow up?
i’d like to be one of those “light” people:
what time is it where you are?
at the moment, it’s 12:58 p.m.
what’s your favorite color?
gray. kind of boring, i know. it seems like such a calm color to me.
do you have a goodreads account?
i don’t, sorry. :/
what’s your favorite kind of popsicle?
orange! the best flavor ever. i don’t like eating actual oranges, though.
what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
there’s this heavenly ice cream that’s chocolate with stripes of peanut butter. it’s the greatest thing i’ve ever tasted, honestly. mint chocolate chip is a close second.
what’s your favorite food?
i really like chinese food. i’ll eat pretty much any chinese food, as long as there’s no seafood in it.
what’s your favorite letter?
i like m, because you can make the rock and roll hand thing with it.
who’s your favorite keeper of the lost cities character?
i’m going to go with keefe. he’s an empath, kind of angry and confused and lost, uses humor to hide how hurt he is, and he’s incredibly sarcastic, and i relate to that a lot.
(i think we can probably thank emma for introducing the blogging community to kotlc. you are a saint.)
who do you ship with who in keeper of the lost cities?
i’ve always shipped sophie and dex (to those who like sophitz: you disgust me), but sophie and keefe is a nice ship, too.
what’s your favorite emoji?
those are probably my favorites.
what did you just think of right now?
i was thinking about this really cute girl that used to be in my co-op, and wishing that i had been brave enough to become friends with her. *sigh of super regret*
do you like socks?
yes! too much, probably. i always wear them inside out. and i sleep in socks most of the time. i don’t have many cute socks (someone please buy me some of those pretty socks you see on tumblr), though, so i draw on them with sharpies. :)
what about rainbows?
i’ve never had an unusual love for rainbows, but then i saw an edit with a pastel rainbow. look at how pretty it is!! (◠‿◠✿)
do you still read picture books occasionally? i do.
sometimes, yeah. my favorite one is at my church, it’s called build a burrito, i think. the guys in youth group would beg my brother to read it. he would settle himself into this rocking chair while the guys sat eagerly around his feet. the book is in spanish and english, and every time my brother reached the part that says “three spoonfuls of beans/tres cucharadas de frijoles,” everyone would flip out and shout, “FRIJOLES!!!.” ah, good memories. XD
do you ever write anything besides blog posts?
yep! i like writing fiction. i haven’t been doing that as much as i would like, though. you can read some of my old and cringey stuff by clicking the stories page.
what’s your advice for someone starting a personal blog?
make friends with other bloggers! you won’t get many comments or followers if you’re not interacting with other lovely people in the blogging community. as well as getting more activity on your site, you could make some pretty great friends. :)
den mother‘s questions:
this might be confusing to people who don’t know me in real life. the people i’m talking about here were in my co-op class. i wrote a bit about them here.
who in our class is most likely to . . .
be a drama queen? cry in a sad movie? have an ugly date to prom? always be happy? be impatient?
1) she makes a big deal out of e v e r y t h i n g, and i actually love it a lot. it’s quite entertaining. 2) we sobbed together in the movie theater during beauty and the beast. 3) i’m not too fond of her sort-of-boyfriend, so he gets to be the ugly prom date. :) 4) she always manages to be optimistic, and it’s made me feel better so many times!! 5) she gets so impatient and excited and it’s a d o r a b l e.
have kids first? sing in the shower? fall in love? take more selfies? have the most piercings?
1) she plans on having “at least thirteen kids.” 2) she has a lovely voice! i’m sure she sings to herself everywhere, and definitely in the shower. 3) yiKES. she gets crushes a lot, actually. 4) my girl b posts lots of selfies, and they’re all really pretty. (^.^) 5) a bellybutton piercing would actually look really cool on her. get one, b.
be a flirt? fall whilst walking? drop their phone after they bought it? worry about small things? get a stalker?
1) apollo?? the girl who’s never had a date mate or even kissed someone?? a flirt??? well, kids, you learn something new everyday. i flirt with pup 24/7, and sometimes with other people without meaning to. i don’t actually want to date any of them, it’s just sometimes, when i’m tired and/or high on friendship, i’ll randomly start flirting with everyone. 2) what can i say, i’m a clumsy duckling. 3)i’ve dropped my ipod so so so many times. it’s a miracle i haven’t cracked the screen yet. 4) anxiety is my best friend tbh. 5) i’m sure i have at least one person stalking me and blog. hello, stalker! love you, too. ;)
hold their breath the longest? be the best at math? be successful? be close to their parents?
1) he’s the best at everything, so it would make sense. 2) he’s a huge nerd, holy crap. great at math and logic and all that stuff. 3) he’s probably going to be a famous athlete and have a gorgeous wife and tons of dogs (dogs = success.) 4) he’s a mama’s boy and it’s hilarious.
give all their money to charity? be a fan of star wars? listen to classical music?
1) alright, kiddos, let me tell you about hojo. all the moms at co-op talk about how handsome and polite and smart he is, blah blah blah. he goes to mexico a lot to volunteer at an orphanage, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he gave all his money to it. 2) he’s a nerd and it’s great. he would talk to me about pokemon and the legend of zelda during art class. i’m quite sure that he likes star wars. 3) nerd? favorite among the moms? sideburns? tell me with a straight face that he doesn’t like classical music.
talk to animals? get married first? be a good cook?
1) megan is a lovely person with lots of cute animal friends!! i’m sure she’ll figure out how to communicate with her bunnies someday. 2) she’s so nice and beautiful and interesting, and i’m sure a kind guy will fall in love with her sooner or later. 3) she’s an incredible baker, holy crap.
ask stupid questions? be hungry 24/7?
1) one time he asked me not to write fanfiction about joward (jish + hojo). how dumb of a question is that?? 2) we got three pizzas on the last day of co-op, and he ate nearly the entire pepperoni one by himself.
marry a celebrity? be sleepy? forget birthdays or anniversaries? accidentally kill someone?
1) pup is going to be a famous dancer, and he’ll marry her and they’ll be cute and athletic together and it’ll be great. :D 2) i think he might have fallen asleep once or twice during nature study class. what a loser. 3) i think he’s in pup la la land 24/7. he’ll likely forget their wedding anniversary. 4) this guy has huge arm muscles, it’s not fair at all. he could kill someone by hugging them.
t/a huge jerk who doesn’t get a nickname:
laugh at the wrong moment? have a rich husband? spend all their money on something stupid? skydive?
1) he would probably laugh when someone told them their mom had died. he’s mean. 2) i’m not sure he’s capable of loving someone. so he would only marry for money. 3) all of his thoughts are dumb to some degree. anything he would want to buy would have to be dumb, too. 4) he’s so so dumb. he would jump out of a plane without a parachute and create a makeshift one with all of his flannel.
this has been a lot of fun! thank you for the questions, guys, i love how weird some of them are. i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i liked writing it.
what’s the most interesting thing you learned about me from this q&a?