mckenna nominated me for the awesome blogger award a few months ago, and i’m just now getting around to it. (i’m not a very punctual person.) thanks, mckenna!
the awesome blogger award was originally created by maggie @dreaming of guatemala . this is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. they have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. that is what truly defines an awesome blogger. ~~~coffeelovingbookoholic
| rules |
– thank the person who nominated you
– include the reason behind the award
– include the banner in your post
– tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the reader
– answer the questions your nominator gave you
– nominate at least five awesome bloggers
– give your nominees ten new questions to answer
– let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
| questions |
1) what’s your absolute favorite post you’ve ever written?
i think my answer is always going to be dear blue eyes | love notes. idk, it just means a lot to me and it got some sweet compliments.
2) what do you hope to do in the future?
currently, the dream is to be roommates with my best friends, go on road trips, take long walks, make art and music, get a dog and equal rights, hopefully marry someone who loves me and has soft hair, etc.
3) what’s one of your biggest blogging goals at the moment?
to reach 1000 followers. i’m not that far away, either, since i transferred my followers from let’s be lost. just 110 to go.
4) who is someone you want to meet in your lifetime more than anyone else?
i want to find my platonic soulmate. someone who fits with me like a puzzle piece, whose presence doesn’t make me tired, who accepts me for what i am and what i’m not — who loves me, but not in that way.
5) what music would you be most likely to blast if you were alone in a car?
my mind goes straight to blink-182. nothing better than singing angsty lyrics about teenage rebellion at the top of your lungs.
6) what’s your favorite quote and who said it?
that’s two quotes. whoops.
7) if you could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
i would wish that i could go back in time and fix things that i did wrong. maybe i would make sure i didn’t lose my first friend, i would keep my cat from running away, i would say “i love you, too” instead of just nodding. i know changing my past would make me a different person, but that’s ok, that’s what i want.
8) who is your hero?
i’m not sure i have one, honestly. everyone is eventually kind of disappointing.
9) what is your all time favorite book?
at the moment, it’s simon vs. the homo sapiens agenda by becky albertalli. i first read it in autumn 2017, but it didn’t mean as much to me then. and i saw the movie based on it at the beginning of april, which reawakened my love for it, so i bought the book a few days later.
sure, parts of it are problematic, but it’s too cute to hate. *sort of spoiler* i love how simon fell for blue before they met each other, because he loved blue for his personality, not his looks. *end spoiler*
10) are you in any fandoms? if so, which ones?
books: lockwood & co., lord of the rings, keeper of the lost cities, how to train your dragon.
tv/film: doctor who, gravity falls, over the garden wall, star vs. the forces of evil, sherlock.
| nominees |
| questions |
1) what do you usually doodle on your papers?
2) how do you want to be seen by others?
3) do you enjoy people watching?
4) what are your plans for this weekend?
5) what was your last dream about?
6) if you were a color, what would it be?
7) what wouldn’t you do to help a friend?
8) do you think your blog is a good representation of who you really are?
9) what are three songs you connect with right now?
10) do you consider yourself a romantic?
on a different note, i experienced the simple joy of listening to music while showering for the first time a few days ago. i felt like the subtly hot protagonist from a teen rom-com who has a stunning voice but doesn’t like to flaunt her talent. the reason i’ve never tried it before is that i don’t usually have the house to myself in the morning, and i feel weird about playing my music on a speaker for everyone to hear. i guess it feels too personal or something.
plus, i’m not the most coordinated person, and i was afraid i would drop my ipod in the shower. something like that has happened before. i tried the magic “stick it in rice” trick, and it actually worked?? i don’t understand and i’m too lazy to google it.
so long, my friends. have a good day.