hey guys! i was recently nominated for a tag by genna. she’s a blogger who’s just getting started, and she’s an astounding writer whose posts are always so heartfelt. make sure to check out her site, genna creedon.
| rules |
-thank the person who nominated you
-answer all the questions
-pingback to the creator: ellyn@allonsythornaxx
-nominate 5+ bloggers to do this challenge
| questions |
1) why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
i started blogging in 2014 on a different site about my american girl dolls. it introduced me to a lot of sweet bloggers who i’m still friends with. i kept blogging because of the joy of sharing something i created with others.
2) what is your favorite type of blog post to write?
i really enjoy writing travel diaries because they let me relive my adventures! i feel like i’ve been to some pretty neat locations in my life (point pleasant, fairy stone state park, longwood gardens, etc.) and i want to share these unique places with you all.
3) what are your top three favorite blog posts?
i don’t know if these are my all time favorites, but a few off the top of my head are you look like hell | 7.20.18, a love letter for the boy with the birdsong laugh, and greenhouse, maybe? they’re all deeply personal and sort of poetic, i hope.
4) what are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
cooking, watching cartoons (i just finished the series hilda — it’s super cute & reminded me of gravity falls), and sitting outside in the sun with a book.
5) what are your three favorite things?
1) the way i feel warming up for a soccer game, in my blue uniform and cleats, with loud music blaring and the sun on my arms.
2) the playlists i make when i simply cannot get someone out of my head. each one tells a story that i wish i could put into words: discovery and companionship and hands intertwined in the shadows. sometimes i listen to them and write love notes that will never make it into the right hands.
3) not quite a thing, but a place: the summer camp that i’ve spent the last three augusts at. i’m sure everyone is sick of me talking about it, but it is easily my favorite place on earth and i applied to work there at handicraft this summer!
6) what are your proudest blogging moments?
reaching 1000 followers, which happened early this year, is definitely the big one!! i know 1k isn’t a huge deal, but for such a small blogger who posts random personal stuff, i was kind of shocked (and still am, honestly).
7) what are your hobbies outside of blogging?
soccer has always been a huge part of my life. i’m talking two seasons a year since i was six. but now that i’m playing for my school, it’s an even bigger deal for me. the whole team was crying during our last game; it was only a week or two ago but i already miss soccer so much.
besides sports, i really love scouting and writing poetry (both of which i blog about sometimes!).
8) describe your personality in three words.
intuitive — i don’t even know how many times a day i say, “i just know.” and it’s true, i get gut feelings all the time and they almost always turn out to be correct.
loyal — there are four people that i can think of that i will be loyal to forever, no matter how they change or what they do or how long it’s been since we’ve spoken. i have deep bonds with them forged through hard experiences and i would genuinely do anything to help them.
i’m not sure if there’s actually a word for this, but it would be somewhere between escapist and romanticist. in my head, i make everything more meaningful and beautiful than it really is, probably in an effort to forget that i’m just not happy with my life. simple events like a walk at twilight or browsing poetry in the library become burdened with sentimentality as i struggle to make something that matters.
9) what are your top three pet peeves?
1) when people continue to flirt with me even when they know i’m not interested. 2) group projects, because i always end up doing all the work in my strive for perfection. 3) getting in trouble for stuff i didn’t do, which happens constantly and is so frustrating.
| nominees |
hope you guys enjoyed! i am actually the worst at remembering to do tags, so i’m kind of proud of myself for finally posting one.
also, sorry for the huge gaps between posts lately! i’ve been working on exams and final projects for school, and i just haven’t had any time to post, despite having lots of ideas. i only have two more tests (the bio test is tomorrow . . . wish me luck), and then i should have some more free time to work on posts before i leave for camp for the summer.